Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Open letter to my ex's dog

Dear Rico,

I am so sad that you will never know this or be able to read it, I just hope that somehow in your own dog way you feel how much I love you. I mean I really love you and it makes me so sad that I don't get to see you anymore. I miss you so much already. You were one of the few things that connected with my soul just by being near you. I am gonna miss so much about you... walking in and you bouncing around on your hind legs scratching the mother fuck out of me pawing for some love. I am gonna miss you begging for food at the table with your ears standing straight up in anticipation of me caving in. You, taking over my lap when I was trying to work and convince me with those big eyes that napping and snuggling was a far better idea. Your kisses, GAWD your kisses - they would have lasted forever if I let you. They were the slobberiest and wettest most ridiculous kisses and they were anywhere you could get em... my mouth, my feet, my hands, my shoulder - whatever, just KISSES. I am going to miss you snuggling under the blanket and crawling almost inside my anal cavity at night. Our fights for the spot on the couch or the bed or the pillow, which eventually led to a compromise of snuggles. Playing with you outside, running around the fire-pit fighting over a stick (that eventually made you puke...usually at 5A), or chasing each other inside over one of your 700 toys that you needed to bring out all at once. You were so tough... but then if you accidentally bit me, you would realize it and immediately kiss me to death as if you were saying "sorry sorry sorry". Such a good boy. Dancing in the morning after dad left for work to Bruno Mars, he did not want you to like that song... but you LOVED it.

I will even miss your farts, Rico. Your smelly Rico butt... because it was you. I am going to miss you digging on the bed for a better spot. I am going to miss you needing that treat before I left. Road trips and car rides. Walks around the block... you are gonna get a rabbit someday buddy, I just know it. I am sad I never got to teach you to swim, I know your dad will tho' and I know you are gonna love it! Don't go too far tho', ok?

Couple things before I wrap this up, ok? Don't forget me... please. Be nicer to the mailman, he is just doing his job. Stop eating your dad's boxers, if you must - keep it in the room, it is really not something you want people to know you do. Don't ever let KC or ANY dog get the best of you. You run things. Even if you go home and weep or nap for days, don't ever let them know. Do not listen to the idiots either, you are not an asshole democrat. You are the most amazing spirit I have ever come across in my life and I miss you so much already. Do not ever change. I love you bud and I hope I can see you again someday.

1 comment:

  1. You are making ME cry!!! I know the love of dogs. I love mine. LOVE mine. I think you need one of your own. Your doggie love. All yours. Go get one. There are lots that would love to be yours.

    ReplyDelete