Sunday, April 15, 2012

A child.

This week marks the anniversary for the birthday of a child who isn't here.

A child who could've saved the world & saved us all from fear.

A child who never had a chance. A child who didn't have a name.

A child who may have been a boy...or a girl, but I'll never know. Such shame.

A child who never got to laugh. Or cry. Or coo in delight.

Or have a first birthday. Or face plant cake. Or keep me up all night.

A child whose eye color I don't know. Whose face I cannot see.

A child who would've been a far better person than me.

A child that I think of everyday. That I see in every baby.

A child I cant reach in every nightmare. A dream that I dream daily.

I hope you got my skin tone. Funny like mom. Creative like dad.

My curls. His smile. I really don't know. Just a face I wish I had.

I'm sorry we never met. One day we will & I hope you recognize me.

You may be gone, but the love I have, it never stopped growing inside of me.

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. It touched my heart deeper than you will ever know. I cried as I read and related to every word. It's a love and a loss, that is hard to explain to those that have not experienced it. :'( I love you so much. Thank you so much for sharing. Btw... this week marks the anniversary for Luke's passing too. We have even more in common than I knew! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I remembered that...I'm so glad you liked it & understand. I love you times a million billion infinities.

    ReplyDelete