Friday, October 7, 2016

Momming a high schooler

As I am driving him to school – I look over at him and I miss him. 
I think about how cool it would be to be his friend.  
I peeked around last night on his Instagram. His sense of humor, just to confirm  - my kid is a savage.
So much inappropriateness. I typed “SMH” but really I “LOL”ed.

Yesterday I text him about homework.
I text him about his chores and his grades.
I text about his choir concert and his hockey bag and “NO, you cant have a sleepover – it’s Thursday.”
He doesn’t reply – he texts his latest Pokemon to my fiancé tho.

This morning, I denied him my aux chord. “Yes, we both have Colt 45 and no you cannot listen to it.”
Not Lil Uzi or Drake or Joey Purp or Bryson Tiller either. 
I made him a Clean Playlist and he is not interested. 
So we sit there in silence and listen to the traffic.

I pull up to his favorite spot to get dropped and tell him I love him. He just says “bye” and gets out.
I turn my head, grit my teeth and wait for the door to slam.
Just then...he pops his head back in and smiles “I love you too mom, see you tonight”.
I smile and exhale and drive away.

No comments:

Post a Comment