Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Great Divide

I gift you my truth - you take it back for return.
You don't hear my heart- you just wait for your turn.


I offer my story like a coat I can share,  
But my silence is far more comfortable to wear. 

I long for when my mouth shut tight like a lid 
And your brows were not crossed when our paths did. 

Your stare I can't climb, you've left me no choice
But to cry up a sea & Ursula steal my voice. 

When will we hear with our light and not our replies? 
When will we finally see each other with more than our eyes? 

Our differences are the free tuition to humanity.
When will we learn and love and seek to understand and see? 

When will we bring a meal or provide shelter from rain. 
We're prescribed pride and fear... as needed for pain. 

So lock your minds and your hearts and your cars and your door, 
While I scream from the other side and beg for something more. 


10/23/16



No comments:

Post a Comment